Do you know exactly what you need to do to sell your home for the most money in the least amount of time?
Don’t feel bad if you don’t. The truth is, selling a home involves a lot of moving pieces. And that’s why I’ve put together this home seller checklist for you!
There are 3 distinct stages of the home selling process, each with its own list of things to do.
Before Listing Your Home
- Find the right Realtor®.
- Have your agent conduct a comparative market analysis (CMA) to determine your home’s value.
- Get your finances in order. If you’re selling your current home, you’re probably also buying a new one. If that’s the case, the bank is going to be asking for a lot of paperwork. The lending process will tend to go a lot smoother if you’re already organized.
- Get your home ready to show. If you’ve been putting off any home repairs, now’s the time to get them done. You’ll also want to make sure your home is clean, tidy, and odor-free.
While Your Home Is on the Market
- Stay in touch with your Realtor®. Depending on the market, your home might sell before you even have a need to follow up with your agent, but if it sits for a bit, you’ll want to make sure you check in often – usually every week.
- Keep your home clean, tidy, and show-ready every day, because you never know when a buyer will ask to see it.
After You Accept an Offer
- Decide on an escrow company.
- Start planning your move.
- Ask your Realtor® for a closing timeline so you know what’s happening at all times.
- Make sure you have everything you need at closing.
If you’re thinking about making a move (or know someone who is), I can help! Let’s chat!